Friday, February 18, 2005

I Can't Sit Down, I Can't Stand Up

Irving Plaza was packed last night for the Kasabian/The Music show. I like about half of The Music's songs, and that's the same feeling I had when I saw them live - I liked half of their set. The music (no pun intended) was great, but the lead singer's high-pitched and nasaly voice annoys me a little. They did rock out though and their drummer is possibly the best drummer I've seen in the past couple of years.

Kasabian, however, were awesome yet again. I thought their Bowery show was "the best show I saw in 2004" and it was cool to see them rock out a larger venue. They mixed in a couple of new, non-album songs - these were more rock-y than dance-y. The crowd clearly loved Kasabian and there was a lot of jumping around and, gasp, dancing!

The biggest shock was that people were dancing to both Kasabian and The Music. That never happens at a NY show - I don't think people need to dance the whole time, but at least move your head to the beat! Of course, there were a fair amount of Brits mixed in the crowd, and that may have had something to do with the dancing.

The downsides to last night's show: Morningwood - truly awful. Nirvana riffs with a girl screaming "vocals" over them. Just painful (and they're friggin' opening for the Kaiser Chiefs' Bowery show in March that I'm going to!). Also, the under 21 crowd sucked too. Act like you've been there before!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home