Tuesday, January 25, 2005

You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby

So I was able to procure the not-yet-released album by The Bravery. I've heard six of ten songs already (well, actually, I've heard them all live), such as "Honest Mistake," "Fearless," "Unconditional," and while these were great, the ones I had not heard were just ok. "Tyrant" is the lone exeption - this is a great song, perhaps their best. The ten songs (and an awful eleventh bonus track - "Hey Sunshine Day" - which sounds like a poor Beach Boys song) are pretty much what you'd expect if you've heard this band already - quick, in and out, three minute songs that are just fast enough to dance to. Do they deserve all the hype? Perhaps. I like them a lot, but I'd still like to see more out of the album.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

That's a very good point about not being able to develop as a band. They went from their three recorded-at-home songs to the major label pretty quickly. I guess the major label will only care about them as a pretty-boy indie novelty who, like The Killers, may be able to make it on MTV.

Nevertheless, I will still listen to the six songs that I like!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home