Monday, March 28, 2005

The holy weekend

So I kicked off this holiest of weekends by seeing Kaiser Chiefs at the Bowery on Friday. It was the same high-energy show that they did at NorthSix. I thought "I Predict A Riot" was the best tune of the night. I wasn't really in the mood to see a show, so I just stood in the back and quietly left when it was over.

On Saturday I picked up a promo copy Maximo Park's debut album and it's friggin' phenomenal. I know I missed this boat by about two weeks (their Mercury Lounge show and SXSW pep rally show thrown by the Tarts of Pleasure were two weeks ago), but I'm eagerly anticipating Maximo Park's return to NYC. Their music is great - they (at the risk of making comparisons) sound like a rockier Franz without all the pomp and circumstance. It's just good British rock and roll. I highly suggest you pick this album up.

And for the day of Resurrection, I participated in the third annual Easter Liquid Brunch - a group of Catholic friends and I went to mass in the village, then hit up Essex for brunch. Brunch at Essex is incredible - really good food and free-flowing mimosas for $15! After liquid brunch, the posse (about 21 at this point) hit Iggy's for some beers, and followed that up by going to someone's loft in the Village to play a massive 10 on 10 game of flip cup. Love that game! Ended up pretty hammered, but drinking games are so much fun. After a full day like that, I'm thankful that the Lord only rises once a year though.

flipcup1
Here's a pic of the 10 on 10 flip cup tourney.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Whenever one can incorporate beer, ping pong balls, and solo cups, one has a good time. And flip cup works much better than beer pong when there's a large crowd around. I guess you could call it a team sport.

I'm really impressed by Maximo Park and have been listening to A Certain Trigger non-stop for the past four days.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home