Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Drown....with me....into the sea....

It was one of those shows that you left feeling exhilarated, speechless. Doves put on a great show at the Bowery, even though Jimi claimed to have a bit of a cold. They are just amazing musicians and really put on a command performance. I last saw them in 2000 at the 9:30 Club and was completely blown away. I wouldn't go as far as saying that this time, but it was an incredible performance. The Bowery is a great venue for their music, as it really fills the space.


Jez Williams

"Sea Song," "The Last Broadcast," and "Almost Forgot Myself" were highlights of the show. And "Black and White Town" sounds great live. I wish they would have played more from Lost Souls, but the mix of the three albums (with more of a focus on Some Cities) was good.

If you missed them last night, they are playing Webster Hall (ugh) on May 18th and 19th. Tickets go on sale today at 10am here. I hate Webster Hall but as they are one of my favorite bands, I will have to see them again.

Jimi Goodwin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home