Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Halfway through 2005

Now that 2005 is halfway finished, I'll throw out my top five albums for the first part of the year:

1. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm (clearly my favorite album this year)
2. Kasabian - Kasabian (I bought this in 2004, but it was released stateside in 2005)
3. Doves - Some Cities (a nice combination of their first two albums)
4. Gorillaz - Demon Days (hearing Shaun Ryder rant incoherently is a wonderful thing)
5. Maximo Park - A Certain Trigger (a nice debut here).

I'll give honorable mentions to New Order, Oasis, and even The Bravery (I really like some of their songs).

My favorite song this year is probably Editors' "Munich," with Hard-Fi's "Hard to Beat" not too far behind. I like a lot of Bloc Party tunes as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home