Thursday, June 02, 2005

Cool locals and one Smith

Tonight, The Go Station will be playing at the poorly-named but cool venue, The Tribeca Rock Club. This is a good space for hearing the guitar-drenched power-pop of The Go Station, so check 'em out.

On Saturday, Saints and Lovers will be headlining Tiswas at Don Hill's. I missed them opening for the Ravonettes at the Mercury Lounge, so I'm making sure I hit this up on Saturday. After the bands, Melody Nelson and Andy Rourke will be dj'ing for the rest of the night. This should make for a great evening.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Hey,

It's I, Brandon. I haven't checked out your site in a while, but i really owe you a ton of thanks for getting me back into Brit-pop, especially some of the newer stuff that i may have missed out on--kaiser Chiefs, Ksabian, Bloc Party, etc.

I have a few music questions for you. First, on XM radio the other day I heard a band called, I believe, Death in Vegas. It sounded like Liam was singing. what can you tell me, if anything about them.

Second, Suede, I never really listened to them, so do you have any recommendations.

Finally, Im just curious on your thoughts on Paul welller and Travis. When I was last into this scene, Mojo was still praising the aforementioned names left and right, but now it seems as if they are completely passe. it seems as if there is even a Travis backlash. truthfully, I'll still listen to them and am surprised that coldplay ended up bigger than them.

regards,
Brandon

8:50 PM  
Blogger dave said...

the Death in Vegas song w/ Liam singing is the title track from their "Scorpio Rising" album. Good album.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

I think Liam's vocals are on the title track to Scorpio Rising. And you're right Dave, that's a good album - especially "Hands Around My Throat" with Adult. Paul Weller and Hope Sandoval also appear on that album.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home