Saturday, November 05, 2005

These New Puritans


So the sound du jour for the past two years or so has been the post-punk throwback sound. People may be sick of it, but not I. Sure, every band throws around Joy Division and Gang of Four as influences, and why not? These were great bands that many of us listen to. But I always approach bands that namecheck these greats with trepidation.

Yet, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw These New Puritans last Thursday night at The Dublin Castle in Camden. They combine the post-punk sound with synths in brilliant fashion. Originally a three-piece, they've recently added synth player for the live shows. And yes, I could hear the Joy Division, GoF, and a little bit of The Fall. What it all added up to was some nice, danceable rock. Right click The Chamber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home