Sunday, August 07, 2005

Ktown

So I went out in Koreatown last night. For those of you unfamiliar with Koreatown, it's really just 32nd Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. I was part of a large group and the management of the place where we were put us in a swanky back room, which, of course, had a kareoke machine. Now while kareoke at a Korean bar is not atypical, this machine was stocked with some random material. Among the standard guitar ballads and top 40 hits were some random Britpop songs - we're talking non-"Wonderwall" Oasis, Suede, Stereophonics, and a crapload of Radiohead. Who in god's name is going to try to match pitch with Thom Yorke? I performed "So Young" to the bewilderment of my group - "who the hell is Suede and why are you using a falsetto?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

I'd SO try the Radiohead.

To think that all I've down in Ktown is eat! Next thing to do: karaoke.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home