Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sam's Town in New York City

I had the pleasure of going to Sam's Town last night, a/k/a The Killers' show at the Theater at MSG. I've never seen The Killers before, and even though I'm only a so-so fan, it was a pretty good show. I've gotta hand it to Brandon and Co., they put on quite a performance - it's kind of a carnival barker theme, and they hammed it up. I'm not a big fan of the new album, but those songs sounded ok. Like myself, the crowd really enjoyed the tunes off of Hot Fuss, which included "Smile Like You Mean It," "Mr. Brightside," "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine," "Somebody Told Me," and "All These Things That I've Done." And is it me, or does drummer Ronnie Vanucci look like My Name Is Earl with that handlebar mustache of his?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home