Thursday, June 29, 2006

And she plays guitar?

I'll admit it. I saw Madonna last night at Madison Square Garden. And I had great seats. As much as I like Confessions on a Dance Floor, I never thought I'd ever go see her live. But, she was outstanding. Really knows how to put on a show and give you your money's worth (sort of - those tickets were expen$ive!). Primarily played new songs, but threw in some classics as well. Best song of the night was "Get Together." Most surprising was that she played a couple of chords on an electric guitar during "I Love NY" and "Ray of Light." I didn't know she could play?

It was probably the most insane crowd I've ever seen. Loud and jumping the whole time (except during the downer "Live to Tell", which I thought was the only misstep of the night). People were going especially nuts during the "Lucky Star" + "Hung Up" mix that closed the show. And for those of you scoring at home, here's the setlist:

Future Lovers / I Feel Love (Medley)
Get Together
Like A Virgin
Jump
Live To Tell
Forbidden Love
Issac
Sorry
Like It Or Not
Sorry Remix (Video Interlude)
I Love New York
Ray Of Light
Let It Will Be
Drowned World/Substitute For Love
Paradise (Not For Me)
Music / Disco Inferno (Medley)
Erotica/You Thrill Me
La Isla Bonita
Lucky Star
Hung Up

Oh, and apparently Madonna asks that the air conditioning is turned off during her show - something about her vocal chords. Christ, it was hot in there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home