Monday, March 27, 2006

Show Your Bones

Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Show Your Bones comes out tomorrow. Stream it @ AOL Music. It's pretty good - a lot cleaner and smoother than Fever To Tell. Nothing as good as "Y Control", although the Zinner remix of "Gold Lion" is quite tasty.

I'd also like to thank Rob at Interscope for hooking me up with the 7" and 12" of "Gold Lion" (which has the remix, although you can just buy that at iTunes). I'll thank him again if he hooks me up with some Interpol schwag when they put out their Interscope material.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!! finally someone who cites "Y Control" instead of "Maps"! Now I adore "Maps" just as much as the next person, but I think "Y" is as close to perfection as possible. The emotion and vulnerability portrayed in the song is understated and far less obvious than in "Maps", which is what I think makes it more powerful to me.

Anyway, SYB is quite good, quite sedated compared to FTT, but still manages to rock in its own way. I don't think there are any "Y Controls" yet either, but "Way Out" ranks well alongside it.

Gah, I pray daily for the release of new Interpol schwag...nice blog btw.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home